3M™ Water Filtration Products Models ICE160-S and ICE165-S single cartridge water filtration systems help provide consistent high quality water for commercial ice by reducing the effects of sediment, chlorine taste and odor and scale at fl ow rates up to 3.34 gpm (12.6 lpm). Built-in scale inhibition reduces the ability of calcium and magnesium to precipitate on the evaporator plates as hard scale.
ICE160-S combines chlorine taste and odor reduction with cyst, bacteria and sediment reduction, while reducing the effects of chlorine corrosion and scale for up to 35,000 gallons (132,489 liters).
- Effectively reduces sediment and chlorine taste and odor for better equipment protection and clearer, great tasting ice.
- Revolutionary Integrated Membrane Pre-Activated Carbon Technology (“IMPACT”) dual-zone media cartridge construction combines a membrane in series with premium activated carbon to provide superior throughput and cartridge life.
- Built-in bacteria inhibitor intended to reduce fouling of media (HF60-S replacement cartridge).
- Certified by NSF to Standard 53 for cyst reduction (HF60-S replacement cartridge).
- NSF Standard 42 and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant materials.
- Reduction of up to 99.99% of common water-borne heterotrophic bacteria by membrane filtration as tested by CUNO (HF60-S replacement cartridge).
- Built-in scale inhibitor reduces lime scale build-up on evaporator plates as tested by CUNO.
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) encapsulated cartridge design allows for fast and easy cartridge change-outs with a 1/4 turn.
- 1/2” FNPT horizontal inlet and outlet ports allow direct or easily adaptable connections to existing plumbing lines.
- System includes a head assembly with pressure gauge, inlet water shut-off valve assembly, mounting bracket and a single cartridge filter.
- Inlet and outlet plumbing connections are 1/2” FNPT.
- Filter cartridges are o-ring seal type.
- System maximum operating pressure of 125 psi (862 kPa) and operating temperature of 100°F (37.8°C).
- Recommended service fl ow rate is up to 3.34 gpm (12.6 lpm).
- Filter cartridges incorporate a bacteriostatic carbon block filtration medium (HF60-S replacement cartridge) and scale inhibitor.
- System materials are NSF Standard 42 and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant.
- Cartridges are sanitary in design, requiring no contact with the filter media during cartridge change-out.
- Filter cartridges require no pre-activation.