3M Purification Inc. Water Filtration Products Model SGP195BN-T single cartridge water filtration system helps provide consistent high quality water for espresso and espresso based drinks at flow rates up to 1.0 gpm (3.8 lpm). A high capacity weak acid ion-exchange resin reduces calcium and magnesium ions to help prevent hard scale formation on heating coils and boilers resulting in energy inefficiency, downtime and expensive service calls. Inlet water TDS and alkalinity are also reduced. Inlet water TDS and alkalinity are also reduced. Premium activated carbon reduces chlorine taste and odor and bitterness associated with poor water quality. A built-in bypass direct 75% of the inlet water through the media.
SGP195BN-T has a capacity of 1,200 gallons (4,542 liters) for inlet water with 150 ppm (9 gpg) hardness.
- Consistent great tasting espresso and espresso drinks from water with reduced hardness, alkalinity, TDS and chlorine taste and odor.
- Increased lifetime and capacity from a built-in bypass that allows 25% of inlet water to pass through untreated.
- NSF and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant materials.
- Reduced hard scale formation on the heating coils by the reduction of calcium and magnesium ions results in improved energy efficiency and reduced downtime and expensive service calls.
- Valve-in-head design simultaneously shuts off and vents water, allowing for simple and virtually trouble-free cartridge change-outs without the need to shut off the upstream feed water.
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) encapsulated cartridge design allows for fast and easy cartridge change-outs with a 1/4 turn.
- 3/8” FNPT horizontal inlet and outlet ports allow direct or easily adaptable connections to existing plumbing lines.
- Optional pressure gauge allows monitoring of downstream water pressure
- System includes a head assembly with integral mounting bracket and a single cartridge filter.
- Port for optional downstream pressure gauge in top of head assembly.
- Inlet and outlet plumbing connections are 3/8” FNPT.
- System incorporates an internal automatic 1/4 turn shut-off valve.
- Filter cartridge is o-ring seal type.
- System maximum operating pressure of 125 psi (862 kPa) and operating temperature of 100°F (37.8°C).
- Recommended service flow rate is up to 1.0 gpm (3.8 lpm).
- Filter cartridges incorporate carbon block filtration medium and ion exchange media.
- System materials are NSF and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant.
- Cartridges are sanitary in design, requiring no contact with the filter media during cartridge change-out.
- Filter cartridge requires no pre-activation.