The 3M Purification Inc. Water Filtration Product ESP124-T single-cartridge system helps provide consistent high quality water for espresso and espresso-based drinks at flow rates up to 0.5 gpm (1.9 lpm). A strong-acid sodium ion-exchange resin reduces calcium and magnesium ions to help prevent hard scale formation on the heating coils and boilers resulting in energy inefficiency, downtime, and expensive service calls. Premium activated carbon reduces chlorine taste and odor and bitterness associated with poor water quality.
MODEL ESP124-T removes hardness up to 1,100 grains.
- Consistent, great tasting espresso and espresso drinks from water with reduced hardness and chlorine taste and odor.
- Reduced hard scale formation on the heating coils by the reduction of calcium and magnesium ions results in improved energy efficiency and reduced downtime and expensive service calls.
- Valve-in-head design simultaneously shuts off and vents water with 1/4 turn, allowing for simple and virtually trouble-free cartridge change-outs.
- 3/8” FNPT horizontal inlet and outlet ports allow direct or easily adaptable connections to existing plumbing lines.
- Optional pressure gauge allows monitoring of downstream water pressure.
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) encapsulated cartridges reduce contamination during change-outs.
- FDA CFR-21 and/or NSF compliant materials.
- System includes a head assembly, integral mounting bracket, and single cartridge filter.
- Optional downstream pressure gauge port in top of head assembly.
- Inlet and outlet plumbing connections are 3/8” FNPT.
- System incorporates an internal automatic 1/4 turn shut-off valve.
- Filter cartridges are o-ring seal type.
- System maximum operating pressure of 125 psi (862 kPa) and operating temperatures of 100°F (37.8°C).
- Recommended service flow rate is 0.5 gpm (1.9 lpm).
- Filter cartridges incorporate premium activated carbon media and strong-acid ion exchange media in the sodium form.
- System materials are FDA CFR-21 and/or NSF compliant.
- Cartridge body is constructed from high-impact polypropylene.
- Cartridges are sanitary in design, requiring no contact with the filter media during cartridge change-out.
- Filter cartridges requires no pre-activation.