3M Purification Inc. Water Filtration Products Model DF290-CL dual flow water filtration system helps provide consistent high quality water for the multiple applications of cold beverages and ice at a combined flow rate of up to 7.66 gpm (29.0 lpm). Two separate streams exit the manifold. The first stream (STREAM ONE) supplies cold beverage applications. The second stream (STREAM TWO) supplies the ice machine.
STREAM ONE combines cyst, bacteria , chloramine, chlorine taste and odor and sediment reduction for a total volume up to 25,000 gallons (94,635 liters) at a flow rate up to 2.66 gpm (10.1 lpm).
STREAM TWO combines cyst, bacteria and sediment reduction at a flow rate up to 5 gpm (18.9 lpm), and the life is 25,000 gallons (94,635 liters). Chloramine and/or chlorine are not reduced from this stream to preserve their disinfectant properties. A scale inhibition medium is added to reduce the hard scale effects of calcium and magnesium ions.
- One system for dedicated ice and cold beverage applications that simultaneously supplies high quality water for beverage dispensers and ice machines.
- Revolutionary Integrated Membrane Pre-Activated Carbon Technology (“IMPACT”) dual-zone media cartridge construction combines a membrane in series with premium activated carbon to provide superior throughput and cartridge life for beverages (STREAM ONE).
- Tested and verified by manufacturer’s laboratory to Standard 53 for cyst reduction.
- NSF Standard 42 and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant materials.
- Reduction of up to 99.99% of common water-borne bacteria by membrane filtration as tested by 3M Purification (HF90-CL replacement cartridge).
- A dedicated non-carbon containing cartridge reduces cysts, bacteria and sediment and adds a scale inhibition medium for ice machines. The inlet water’s chlorine/chloramine content is unaffected for the reduction of biofilm (STREAM TWO) in the ice machine.
- Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) encapsulated cartridge design allows for fast and easy cartridge change-outs with a 1/4 turn.
- 3/4” FNPT horizontal inlet and outlet ports allow direct or easily adaptable connections to existing plumbing lines.
- Manifold includes outlet check valves and vent valve.
- System includes a three cartridge dual outlet port manifold with built-in pressure gauge, optional port for an inlet pressure gauge, inlet water shut-off valve, outlet check valve, mounting brackets and the cartridge filters.
- Inlet and outlet plumbing connections are 3/4” FNPT.
- Filter cartridges are o-ring seal type.
- System maximum operating pressure of 125 psi (862 kPa) and operating temperature of 100°F (37.8°C).
- Beverage filter cartridges incorporate a carbon block filtration medium (STREAM ONE). Ice filter cartridge includes a filter membrane and scale inhibition medium (STREAM TWO).
- System materials are NSF Standard 42 and/or FDA CFR-21 compliant.
- Cartridges are sanitary in design, requiring no contact with the filter media during cartridge change-out.
- Filter cartridges require no pre-activation.