Why do I need to filter my water?
Although municipal water supplies are safe for drinking, there are several other aspects of water that can affect food service equipment. Filtering the water can prevent these problems.
- Sediment particles can clog fine spray nozzles in coffee brewers and ice equipment.
- Chlorine and chlorine by-products can cause corrosion on stainless steel and degrade o-rings.
- Calcium and magnesium can form hard scale on coffee brewer heating coils and ice machine evaporator plates.
- Total dissolved solids in high levels can cause scale formation and make water unusable for beverages.
What is the best way to filter my water?
The best water filtration technologies include:
- Sediment filtration – this type of filter helps to capture and retain particles that can cause clogging and make beverages appear cloudy.
- Scale inhibition – Sequestering polyphosphates are used for hard scale reduction on boilers, heating coils and evaporator coils.
- Carbon block filtration – this type of filter is designed to reduce organics, chlorine, bad tastes and odors, and corrosion on metallic components.
- Reverse osmosis – these systems utilize membranes to physically separate organic and inorganic matter from water.
How often to I need to change my filters?
Each filter system is rated for a specific number of gallons it will filter. Filters are usually changed every 6 months. Once the system has effectively filtered the rated gallons, it is time to change the filters, which may be before 6 months. It is important to correctly size the system upon initial purchase.
How will my filters be shipped?
Filter systems will be shipped via UPS Ground service in the 48 contiguous United States. UPS shipping is also available for Alaska and Hawaii for an additional charge. Please call for a quote.
How long will it take for my filters to arrive?
For filters that are in stock, orders will be processed and shipped within 48 hours from Flowery Branch, GA. Shipping times vary, according to location. Most orders shipped to the east coast should arrive within 2-3 business days after shipment. Most orders shipped to the Midwest and west coast should arrive within 3-5 business days after shipment. If you require expedited shipment, please call for a quote.